Iris Carmack Endowed Scholarship
The Iris Carmack Endowed Scholarship was established in 1985 honors the past National Alumni Association president and founder of this chapter. This scholarship partially funds one semester of out-of-state tuition and is awarded annually to an outstanding Alabama-bound freshman from Metro Atlanta. Applicants must have minimum 3.5 GPA to apply.
Sidney D. and John C. Arant Endowed Scholarship
Sidney D. and John C. Arant created the initial endowment for this scholarship. However, chapter events and fund raising are critical for funding this scholarship every year. This scholarship is awarded to an outstanding upperclassmen Alabama student from Metro Atlanta who is enrolled in the College of Commerce and Business Administration. Applicants must have minimum 3.5 GPA to apply.
Jim and Ann Givan Endowed Scholarship
Jim and Ann Givan both attended The University of Alabama. Their son graduated from the University as well. They are active members of the Atlanta Alumni Chapter and have supported our Chapter for a long time in numerous ways. Jim served as President of the Atlanta Chapter as well as President of the National Alumni Association. The Givans love the University of Alabama and have endowed this scholarship in the hopes that the students it supports will love the University as much as they do.
The Jim and Ann Givan Scholarship is for an entering freshman from the Atlanta area. The student should be well-rounded and have achieved both academically and outside of the classroom. The recipient must have at least a 3.0 GPA and complete an essay on the topic Why I want to attend the University of Alabama and how receipt of the Givan Endowed Scholarship will enhance my opportunity to do so.”
Bama In Atlanta Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship is for an entering freshman from the Atlanta area whose parent or grandparent has been a member of our chapter for at least a year and has a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Bama in Atlanta Legends Community Service Scholarship
The Bama in Atlanta Legends Community Service Scholarship was established in 2018. This scholarship is awarded to an entering freshman UA bound from metro Atlanta who exemplifies making a difference in the lives of others. Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA. Students must demonstrate an active leadership role in previous and current community service projects.
Interested in applying for one of our endowed scholarships? Here is how to do so…
- Apply to The University of Alabama
- Receive your myBama Account
- Log in and go to the section that says apply for scholarships
- Deadline for scholarships is December 15. (Application, Transcripts, and Test Scores MUST be in by this date.)
- Chapter receives your application March/April
- Chapter will contact you about an interview
- Interview will take place
NOTE: You do not have to have your acceptance to The University of Alabama to apply for scholarships but you must have applied and have the above turned in.
For any other questions, please email us at BamaInAtlanta@gmail.com .
2019-2020 Scholarship Recipents
- Iris Carmack Endowed Scholarship: Luci Allen
- Jim and Ann Givan Endowed Scholarship: Tiye Rahmah
- Bama in Atlanta Endowed Scholarship: Jordan Alexander and McKayla Andersen
- Sidney D. and John C. Arant Endowed Scholarship: Shelby Amanda Etkind
2018-2019 Scholarship Recipients
- Bama in Atlanta Scholarship – Kayla Underwood
- Iris Carmack Scholarship – Ryan Thomas
- Jim & Ann Given Scholarship – M’Kaila Isom